Applicants are only allowed to submit one Seed Grant application per grant round.
All Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be authorized and in good standing to conduct business in New Jersey as evidenced by a current New Jersey tax clearance certificate (listing New Jersey Commission on Science, Innovation and Technology). All certificates listing another state agency will be rejected.
- Have no more than 25 full-time equivalent (FTE) workers (FTE calculated on a 35-hour work week) at time of application.
- Have a minimum of one full-time worker (calculated on a 35-hour work week). A founder can be counted as a worker; a worker may be paid or unpaid.
- 50% or more of the cumulative hours worked by all workers, founders, and contractors must be conducted in New Jersey (as calculated on an full-time equivalent basis of 35 hours per week).
- Have less than or equal to $2,000,000 in 2022 calendar year sales revenue (excluding grant revenue).
Eligible Uses of Grants Include:
The grant funding can be utilized for project research and development activities.
No more than 30% of the budget proposed for the Project, in the aggregate, may be spent on:
- Marketing and customer discovery specific to the innovation
- IP patent prosecution and licensing-related expenses
- Conference registration fees
Prohibited Uses of Grants Include:
- Direct services to individuals or organizations
- Manufacturing of products for sale or commercial use
- Real estate rental expenses
- Patient clinical trial expenses
- Construction costs
- Travel, entertainment, and other similar expenses
- Allocations of general overhead expenses
- Any expenditures incurred before the “Effective date”, the date representing the last date of execution of the Grant Agreement by the respective Parties
- Any expenses for equipment and materials that Applicant does not use for the Project during the Project period
- Fees related to Conferences not associated with the Project