How will applications be evaluated?
Applications for the Opportunity Zone Challenge Program will be accepted up to 4:30 pm on September 16, 2019 Applications will be evaluated and ranked with the five highest scoring applications presented to the Board for review and approval. Specific scoring criteria is outlined in the Opportunity Zone Challenge Grant Application – Cover Sheet & Application Instructions, but general guidelines that will be used to assess applications are as follows:
- Evidence of the proposal to demonstrate the plan’s ability to achieve one or more capacity building goals of the Opportunity Zone Challenge, as outlined in the Scope of Work.
- Strength of programming or policy design within the Proposal, regarding the reputation, capacity, and proposed level of commitment from the partnering entity(ies); benefits and practical advantages of the partnership(s).
- Demonstrated ability within plan to increase municipal, regional and county governments knowledge and capacity to build investment growth.
- Proposal’s emphasis on meeting Opportunity Zone community investment goals
- Presence and strength of business equity investment strategy within the proposal.
- Presence and strength of a defined collaborative stakeholder engagement process and strategy.
- 2017 Municipal Revitalization Index Rank.
How to Apply:
Applications for the Opportunity Zone Challenge Program will be accepted up to 4:30pm on September 16, 2019
Applications will be evaluated and ranked with the five highest scoring applications presented to the Board for review and approval.
Questions & Answers:
The Authority will electronically accept written questions and inquiries from all potential Applicant(s) via the web at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls/faxes shall not be accepted.
The subject line of the e-mail should state:
“Questions – Opportunity Zone Challenge Program”
All Questions received, and Answers given in response to this Application will be answered in the form of a Frequently Asked Questions document to be posted and continually updated on this webpage up until Friday, September 16, 2019 at 12:00 pm.
The Authority will also post any addenda on this webpage. It is the responsibility of any potential applicant to review this webpage on a frequent basis to become aware of any answers and addenda.