A comprehensive plan to ensure that New Jersey is ready to lead the 21st century talent market.
Developing Talent to Grow Business in the Garden State builds on these plans with a collaborative effort to re-establish New Jersey’s leadership.
The Murphy Administration is hard at work implementing the Governor’s economic plan, “The State of Innovation: Building a Stronger and Fairer Economy in New Jersey,” and higher education plan, “Where Opportunity Meets Innovation: A Student-Centered Vision for New Jersey Higher Education.”
Jobs NJ has two mutually reinforcing objectives, each integral to the Governor’s vision of a stronger and fairer NJ:
1. Ensure all career-seeking New Jerseyans have the education and training necessary to access high-quality employment.
2. Ensure businesses and employers that are offering high-quality employment in New Jersey can quickly and efficiently fill their talent needs.
Opportunities for Growth
Talent is one of New Jersey’s strongest competitive advantages, but we must continue to enhance our Talent Development System, by focusing on three key opportunities:
- Support all New Jerseyans to obtain education and training
and find high-quality jobs
- Better align Talent Development System programs and employer needs
- Connect employers and job-seekers
Jobs NJ lays out three strategies to address New Jersey’s talent challenges from two sides: increasing the supply of qualified workers and creating talent solutions that connect companies to job-seekers:
- Expand access to opportunity
- Train individuals for in-demand jobs
- Match talent to jobs